YuCycle, our charity challenge bike ride, returns for 2017 and we hope to tempt you to join us.
Saddle up and ride through the picturesque dales of North Yorkshire with friends – either for fun, the challenge or for the charity of your choice. This year’s entrance fee goes to supporting mental health at the University, so it’s a worthwhile cause if you can join us.
Now in its fifth year, this University-organised event involves the whole community as staff, students, alumni ride one of our 25, 50 or 100km routes. Get on your bike on Sunday 11 June. The countdown is on – sign up today!
YuCycle is taking part in the York Festival of Ideas – Join former professional cyclist Michael Hutchinson as he picks his way through 200 years of quirky cycling history. Find out how cycling became a sport, pastime and social life for millions of ordinary people, and how at the dawn of the 21st century it rose to find a unique home in the British Isles. Visit York Festival of Ideas online for your free ticket.
YuCycle in numbers
- £40,000 raised for good causes at York and beyond since our first YuCycle event in 2013
- £9,600 raised from last year’s event
- 700 riders have raised money for good causes through YuCycle since 2013
- £500 given to 10 national or international-standard scholars supported as a result of the funds raised from YuCycle in 2016/17
- 109km – the length of 2017’s longest YuCycle route
- 34km – the length of 2017’s shortest YuCycle route
- 30 April – the last day to sign up to benefit from our Early Bird entry fee
- 27% of students report having a mental health problem. YuCycle 2017 will work to decrease this figure at York through supporting initiatives to improve mental and physical wellbeing for students
- 11th June – the date of this year’s event
- 6 – the number of riders you need to gather to receive exclusive team discounts on entry
- 3 routes, catered to all abilities
- 2 feed-stops to catch your breath, fill your water bottle and take advantage of our free refreshments
1 way to #ChallengeYourself this summer – take part in YuCycle!