There’s a million reasons why graduating from the University of York sucks. No more Willow Disco, no more ducks…
Here are the Top 8 things that feel rubbish after leaving:
1. Everywhere seems so BIG after three years living in a tiny city and on a tiny campus.
2. The geese. It’s so quiet without them… Who knew you would miss them so much.
3. That Friends-style graduate apartment you imagined didn’t quite happen…
4. …because the friends that used to live 2 minutes from you are now scattered across the country, miles and miles away.
5. If you lived in uni catered accommodation you were fed three meals a day. As a graduate you’ll have to learn to… cook??
6. The Willow Disco has become a thing of the past. Forever. Bye bye free prawn crackers and cheesy pop. Sad face.
7. You never appreciated York’s amazingness. I mean, seriously, it’s a Roman city with walls around it and, and…HARRY POTTER WAS FILMED ON THE SHAMBLES.
8. Your initial relief at *never having to write an essay again* is soon replaced with the feeling that your brain cells are DYING. You start to google Postgrad courses…